This outline is the beginning of a series of articles that, Lord Willing, will become a book on the subject of Soul Liberty. This compilation has been three years in the making and could possibly take more. It is the result of much Bible study, much prayer, and much debate. The thesis of this outline has rocked the very soul of its author who until this year was determined to resist its conclusion. The thesis can be summed up as follows:
Jeremiah 18:7-10: “At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.”
Key points to consider for all who love Jesus Christ:
- There is no Constitution in the Bible. There are only the Old and New Testaments.
- The American Constitution doesn’t exist: it was destroyed by Abraham Lincoln in 1865. Man’s war for material freedom without God was lost at Gettysburg. If God wanted Americans to be able to live any way they please, the South would have won.
- There are no freedoms (or unalienable rights) outside of Jesus Christ. (John 8:36)
- The only laws that we are to disobey are those that contradict Biblical commandments. Everything else is to be obeyed, no matter how tyrannical. (1 Peter 2:13)
- God is in Control. God tells us that He establishes our leaders (Obama, Bush, Clinton, et. al.). (Colossians 1:16)
- God doesn’t care about Constitutional eligibility. God gives us both what we deserve (a tyrant) and what we want (bondage). (1 Samuel 8:5)
- Abortion, Homosexuality, Feminism, etc. are symptoms of our spiritual disease of unbelief. To remove the symptoms, you must first address the root cause. (James 5:20)
Matthew 9:37-38: “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.”